A Reiki session centers, calms and promotes wellness. It is a form of energy medicine from Japan that taps into the universal life force energy to support the client's physical, emotional and spiritual well being.
In a session, the client remains clothed while Beckie lays her hands on various energy centers of the body to help relieve stress.
Benefits of Reiki
According to the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, people use Reiki for relaxation, stress reduction and symptom relief, in efforts to improve overall health and well-being.
A Reiki treatment may do the following:
• Bring about a peaceful, deep state of relaxation
• Dissolve energy blockages and tension
• Detoxify the body
• Support the well-being of a person receiving debilitating traditional medical treatments (e.g., chemotherapy, radiation, surgery, kidney dialysis)
• Supply universal life force energy to the body
• Stimulate the body’s immune system
• Help to relieve pain
• Stimulate tissue and bone healing after injury or surgery
• Increase the vibrational frequency on physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels